Here is a list of winter 2018 Natural Landscapes, Native Plants, special environmental events and announcements. This will updated with more events so please check back. Click on blue event links below for more information.
- 2018 Perennial Plant Symposium on Pollinators with Doug Tallamy. SOLD OUT. Feb 3, Morton Arboretum.
- Wild Ones Greater DuPage Flora of the Chicago Region with authors Dr. G. Wilhelm and L. Rericha, Feb 10, 9AM, Naperville $10. Tickets, registration and more information under Eventbrite
- Chicago Wilderness Burn workshop: 2 day workshop 3 sections/dates in February and March, Check Morton Arboretum’s website
- Garfield Farm’s Natural areas Management Seminar – Feb 17, LaFox, IL. Speakers , price and registration details on website..
- Citizens for Conservation: Becoming A Citizen Scientist: Feb 17, 10AM, Barrington Village Hall, $10
Beyond Monarchs: Preserving Endangered Butterflies, Bees and Dragonflies – Feb 20, Mayslake Peabody Estate, 6:30PM. Given by Forest Preserve District of DuPage County.
- One Earth Film Festival – Various environmental and environmental, social justice films starting in February 15 – March 10 at various locations throughout Chicagoland. Some films are geared toward families. Check website for dates, times, locations. Films include. Shifting Sands, Wasted! The Story of Food Waste, An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power, 100 Years: One Woman’s Fight for Justice, Chasing Coral, Evolution of Organic, Fly by Light, Jane, Making Waves: Battle for the Great Lakes, Rancher Farmer Fisherman,, Rise: Sacred Water, Standing Rock, Searching for the Gold Spot: The Wild After Wildfire and many others!!!!
- The Wildflower Preservation and Propagation Committee Natural Landscape Seminar – Feb 25, McHenry County College. Speakers , price and registration details on website.
- Community Habitat Symposium – Feb 24 -25, Joliet, IL . There are 2 tracks: 1 for homeowners, the other for restoration folks, and field trips on Feb 25, weather permitting.