Here is a list of winter 2017 Natural Landscapes, Native Plants events and announcements, including classes I am teaching, in chronological order. This will updated with more events so please check back.
Please submit your Illinois EPA burn permit application or a letter requesting renewal with your permit I.D., no later than Jan 1 to get your permit before the end of March because it can take 90 days. Permit is good for 1 year. The Conservation Foundation’s Environmental Summit: Landscaping for a Healthier Life, Jan 19, 8am-noon, Naperville. Free workshop. Registration Required. The DuPage Monarch Project’s movie “Flight of the Butterflies” Jan 23, 7PM, Glen Ellyn Library. Free but register required.
- West Cook Wild Ones Conference Feb 11, 2017: The Beautifully Natural Garden: Partnering with Native Plants Speakers , price and registration details on website. Walk-ins welcome.
- Wild Ones Greater DuPage Invasive plant discussion, Thursday Feb 16, 7pm, Lower level of Naperville Municipal Building, Naperville IL. Free, open to public. Please check the Wild Ones Northern Kane County, Wild Ones West Cook and Wild Ones Will County websites for their monthly speaker programs.
- Chicago Wilderness Burn workshop: 2 day workshop 3 sections/dates in February and March, Check Morton Arboretum’s website
- Chicago Wild Things Conference Feb 18, 2017 (Sold out)
- Sierra Club RPG’s Conservation@Home Program at Warrenville Park District Feb 22, 7pm
- The Wildflower Preservation and Propagation Committee Natural Landscape Seminar – Feb 25, McHenry County College. Speakers , price and registration details on website.
- Garfield Farm’s Natural areas Management Seminar – Feb 25, LaFox, IL. Speakers , price and registration details on website..