SERVICES (Design, Installation Assistance, Stewardship, Educational Programs)
LANDSCAPE DESIGN SERVICE
It’s difficult to build a house without a plan. Similarly, it’s difficult to build a landscape without a landscape design plan, especially with an additional layer of sustainable solutions and nature based features. Here’s an overview of the design process:
- We meet with you to discuss your project while walking your property. No charge.
- We develop a project description and design estimate (cost to do a design plan) for $80, at your request
- Upon acceptance of the estimate, we schedule your design plan. The $80 estimate cost is deducted from design costs.
- We re-visit your property to analyze your site in detail. This is combined with your plat of survey, and other pertinent data.
- Depending on the project complexity, we may develop one or two concept plans showing newly designed areas, but no plants or hardscape details. We’ll review with you.
- We develop your final detailed design plan, as well as other supporting documents.
- We present your final design plan, answer questions, discuss installation, and collect final payment. We provide additional services below.
DESIGN CONSULTATION SERVICE
We no longer provide on-site design consultations. You’ll be happier with a well thought out, environmentally friendly, nature based design. See service above.
INSTALLATION ASSISTANCE SERVICE (for design clients)
You have the flexibility to install yourself, hire one of the independent landscape contractors we work with, or use your own contractor, when you’re ready. The contractor will provide an installation estimate for plants, materials, and labor after reviewing design plans. Our optional installation assistance service ensures a successful transition from design, saving both money and time. This service includes any or all of the following: reviewing plans with contractors, discussing installation, plant and material updates, or being onsite during the installation, as needed. We will also share our eco-friendly installation techniques for the do-it-yourselfer. Hourly charge
STEWARDSHIP (Sustainable Maintenance for design clients)
Stewardship is so important, especially during the first few years, but also on an ongoing basis due to environmental stresses. like invasive plants We work with several independent contractors who understand native plant behavior, have an eye for design, and use sustainable practices. They are available on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis. We also offer stewardship tips on our educational blog (Notebook) and Facebook Page, as well as other interesting articles and events.
We give educational programs December-March to garden clubs, nurseries, environmental organizations such as The Green Earth Institute, Wild Ones ,Wild Things Conference, College of DuPage, The Conservation Foundation etc. Call for fees, descriptions & available dates. Topics:
- Rain Gardens – Tips and Common Mistakes (1 hour)
- Favorite native plants through the gardening seasons (1 1/4 hour)
We'd love to help you and the environment!
Please contact us if you are interested in our services or have questions. Thank you.