SERVICES (Design, Installation Assistance, Stewardship, Educational Programs)
LANDSCAPE DESIGN SERVICE
Here’s an overview of our design process. A design can be for a section of the yard or for the entire yard:
- Initial email/phone conversation to see if we’re a good fit. Email questionnaire for onsite meeting. 1 hour, No charge
- Onsite meeting to discuss your project and ideas together while walking your property. 2 hours, No charge.
- If you’d like, we generate a design estimate and project description (cost to do a design plan) for $100, 3 hours.
- Upon acceptance of your estimate, we schedule your design plan. The $100 estimate cost is deducted from design planning costs.
- Design planning begins by revisiting your property to collect more data, developing high level design plan for feedback. Incorporate feedback then develop final detailed plan with supporting documents. Your plat of survey, grading plan, photos of problem areas are very helpful.
- We present your final design plan, answer questions, discuss installation, and collect final payment. We provide installation assistance and stewardship services below.
DESIGN CONSULTATION SERVICE
We provide hourly onsite consultation for a small areas (usually less than 100-150 sq feet) for 2 hours minimum. Consultations will give plant and design suggestions for a small area, and maybe a quick sketch, not to scale. For larger, complex or multiple areas, you’ll be happier with a well thought out, environmentally friendly, nature based design plan described above.
INSTALLATION ASSISTANCE SERVICE (for design clients)
You have the flexibility to install yourself, hire one of the independent landscape contractors we work with, or use your own contractor, when you’re ready. Our installation assistance service is highly recommended to ensure a successful installation, saving money and time. This service includes any or all of the following: overseeing the quoting process, review plant and materials with contractor, and being onsite during the installation as needed to ensure design intent is followed,. We also share our eco-friendly installation techniques for the do-it-yourselfer. Hourly charge
We give educational programs December-March to garden clubs, nurseries, environmental organizations such as The Green Earth Institute, Wild Ones ,Wild Things Conference, College of DuPage, The Conservation Foundation etc. Call for fees, descriptions & available dates. Topics:
- Rain Gardens – Tips and Common Mistakes (1 hour)
- Favorite native plants through the gardening seasons (1 1/4 hour)
We'd love to help you and the environment!
Please contact us if you are interested in our services or have questions. Thank you.